Saturday 2 June 2012

2nd Race (First Half)


2nd Race- First Half


The 2nd race I decided to do was the first half marathon available which was the Garstang Half Marathon 2oth Sep '09. http://www.garstangrc.co.uk/HalfMarathon/HMindex.html .Day or 2 before race day I felt a cold coming on. Dad said "oh you'l be fine i've ran loads with a cold its nothing" Dad drove me there and then said "What the hell have you enterred into here.?"

Dehydrated and ill- my muscles began to spasm- around mile 10 was the biggest hill I ever ran up and then threw up when I got to the top. Turns out the cold was more of a throat infection.... Anyhow, walked the last couple of miles throwing up a long the way and then threw up all the way back from Preston and climbed into bed.I Completed it in an embarrassing 2 hour 35 ( I had erased that out of my memory) 179th out of 184 runners and all I got this time was a green water bottle!!. Enough to put anyone off running......but not me......

I got back on the boring tready- built up to 2 hours once.- It was good for mental strength but I couldn't and wouldn't do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment