Friday 29 June 2012

ACHES AND PAINS.

Never been worried about much untill started the speedier running. Had a couple of niggles. At the minute it is either my inner calf or the soleous? Either way can't seem to stretch it out but I guess it would help if i stretched as routine rather than just when I delevop these things??? Just don't want to risk injury. I think it is just down to the different style of running and monitor it.

Anyhow I have now ditched the mp3 player on speed runs and races and just keeping it for long runs or jogs.

I believe what Norman Marshall from the club said " those things prevent you from concentrating and you think your running faster than what you are"


"Pain is only temporary,
Pride is forever,
Pain passes with time and Time passes,
therefore Pain is just a strain on the Brain without Refrain,
and that's why Cross Country runners are Insane."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy,
    Sorry to hear about your injury.
    I would recommend avoiding stretching in the early stages of your injury,massage is better.
    I recommend this video [ note I use a wooden rolling pin instead of the cardboard cylinder used in the video].
    http://youtu.be/7jsMcSxqriI
    I also find running on soft grass helps, just jog 100m then walk 100m say for 5-10 mins and build up again.
    Listen to your body!
    After a few days you can start gentle stretching after runs but massage really breaks done scar tissue and frees up tight muscle fibers.
    Let us know how you get on.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks rick only just properly read this. my calf is still sore so will try this method asap and let you know how i get on.x

    ReplyDelete