Friday 15 June 2012

GYLCOGEN DEPLETION DIET TEST.

My dad said he used to do this and it worked so last year I thought id give it a go but it didn't work because I think I ate too many carbs. I thought reducing complex carbs would be enough...I didn't eat potatoe, bread , pasta or rice but still had some fruit and various other things like sauces. Anyhow this time I went all out and literally had a minimal amount of carbs for 4 days and have enjoyed overloading or at least eating carbs in the last couple of days. My last day of no carbs I did a couple of miles on treadmill and I felt really weak so I think the gycogen definately depeleted properly this time.

We shall see if it helps on Sunday...........

Positive Mental Attitude

In my line of work I use a little saying- If you fail to plan then you plan to fail.

I have done more training and have more exerience for this race than any other race I have done.
I will have extra energy stores due to the glucogen.
In training I have been doing 9min mile as a warm up pace but this was my last race pace so maybe I could push it to avergae 8.39mile giving me around the 1hr 50 mark? Thats the plan but to be honest i'd be made up with under 2 hours for now as it all depends on the day!!
Weather conditions are looking in my favour.
Just enjoy it and not get nervous or go to fast as thats when I run better.




No comments:

Post a Comment