Monday 18 June 2012

So my plan didn't go as well as I thought- 2hours 4mins-!

For a start I don't think the glycogen depletion diet worked much although at times I did feel powerful when I looked at  my split times they were rubbish. I think the only reason it worked for my dad was because it was actually his training.

Whilst i'd done more training for this it was mostly long runs at normal min mile pace whereas I need to get used to running fast. This will come in time with the Wed club speed intervals and now introducing the Fri speed sessions. Also went to fast and got caught up in anxiety type thinking instead of enjoying it- this loses energy me thinks.

When I finished the race and also in the last few miles I had severe stomach pain. Initially I thought it was a sick feeling but the shooting pains lasted till I got home and I realised what it was.

I stupidly ate quite a few jelly beans. !!HAHA! A tip some people suggest. Ive only done this twice in training runs. They were normal sweet jelly beans and I reckon rather than giving me energy they gave me indigestion so I don't think this tips for me?? My mate had some on a run with me and he said the same thing.

Also my mp3 was a hindrance- bored of the songs on it now even though I put loads of new ones because if they're not to my 'groove' (as Rick says) then I end up forwarding it so thinking of concerting to the non mp3 gang and just focusing on breathing/running.

When I finished in 2.04 feeling ill I asked myself "why am I doing this?"........ I started to think negatively about ever improving to the standard I want..... but then I semi-recovered and want to learn from it and better myself through training, training and more training. Will aim for more 5k and 10ks me thinks.

The course overall was tough because it was 2pm in June but the best bit was the sponges and showers around the course- that was a new experience for me and of couse my gorgeous 7 year old daughter who did the 2 mile fun run and got her first medal in her cute adidas running trainers.

2 comments:

  1. It was a tough day!
    Sorry you did not achieve your desired time!
    Never give up, just fight back!
    I have you down for a 1.30 or better in the future.
    Turn the negative into positive and your dream will come true :0]
    THERE ARE NO LIMITS!!
    It's only your programing through school that sets them, BREAK FREE :0]

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS thats a pretty good photo!
    I've added you to my favourite links around the world!
    Just remember what the the Sex Pistols had on there T-Shirt: DESTROY!!!

    ReplyDelete