Saturday 2 June 2012

Its only The Beginning


It was about 4 years a go now when I did my first run since 'substance misuse years'! (Before those I had attempted the 1500 in school whilst being a smoker and running was just a chore.).

The first run was on a treadmil at the YMCA gym( by chance as we were too scared to go in the circuit training) and it lasted 5 mins. I was still smoking around this time but determined to keep beating myself ,got up to 20 minutes and it was then when I realised how much of a great runner my dad was.

I decided to enter my first race in May '09. raising £235.50 for Marie Curie It was the Waterloo 15k. http://www.runwaterloo.co.uk/ I was so nervous, my dad came with me and we were late rushing to the start. Wow what a buzz!

There were two Amanda Bradburys in that race! She came 203rd in 73.17. I came 369th in 85.27 (9.14min miles). My first ever medal!!


No comments:

Post a Comment